* For research use only. Not for human or veterinary use.
CAS No.: 485-61-0
Catalog No.: VC000173
Molecular Formula: C17H13NO3
Molecular Weight: 279.295
Purity: 96 % (TLC, mass spectrometry)
|Purity||96 % (TLC, mass spectrometry)|
|Description||GRAVEOLINE(cas 485-61-0) is a CNS stimulant, convulsant and hypertensive. Alkaloid, from plants of the Rutaceae family. As CNS stimulant, it increases breath rhythm, reflex excitability and intensifies clinical cramps (tonic cramps).br>1 - 10 mg/kg increase arterial pressure by 5 - 20 mm Hg during 2 - 30 min.1 - 3 - 5 mg/kg, on cats and dogs under anaesthesia, increase breath rhythm, which remains after decerebration, total excision of cerebellum and carotide ganglion block.3 mg/kg and more, increase electric activity in the cortex and subcortex formations.5 mg/kg remove completely the action of Thiopental sodium, Barbamil, Aminazine and Morphine on the bioelectrical activity of rabbit brain.0.5 - 3mg/kg facilitate the conductivity of electric impulse in the downward activating system and stimulates the respiratory system of the reticulum formation of the caudal part of cat brain.|
|References||- Ishmukamedov et al., /Foliosine influence on respiratory zones of reticular formation of caudal part of the brain./ Pharmacology of alkaloids and glycosides. (1967) Tashkent p. 26-29 (Russian).
- Nasyrov et al., /EEG analysis of Foliosine alkaloid effect on the CNS./ Rpts. Acad. Sci. UzSSR 2:51-53 (1968) (Russian).
Mass Molarity Calculator
- mass of a compound required to prepare a solution of known volume and concentration
- volume of solution required to dissolve a compound of known mass to a desired concentration
- concentration of a solution resulting from a known mass of compound in a specific volume